Local Secretaries are volunteers and benefactors who promote QC’s Correspondence Circle in a geographic region. There may be more than a single Local Secretary in a region and they should be paid-up members of the Correspondence Circle and active Freemasons in lodges established in a constitution recognised by the United Grand Lodge of England. Being so permits attendance at lodge meetings of Quatuor Coronati, although regular attendance is not a requirement.
A Local Secretary’s ambassadorial duties are to:
- spread the word about Quatuor Coronati and the QC Correspondence Circle in their region or country, and promote QC/QCCC events, such as our forthcoming US Conference;
- contact the relevant Provincial or Grand Lodge and ask that they provide a link on their website to Quatuor Coronati, and perhaps a web page giving details of QC and QCCC;
- ask that they place a QCCC entry in their Provincial or GL Yearbook;
- distribute the QC / QCCC 2-Sided Flyer at lodge meetings and at the annual communication;
- contact relevant Masonic research libraries and encourage them to subscribe to AQC;
- print off our QCCC Tri-fold Brochure to display in Masonic Halls and distribute at Lodge meetings you attend;
- contact research lodges in their area to forge links with QC;
- identify Masonic researchers and encourage them to join QCCC and consider submitting research papers; some Local Secretaries have also started Facebook and What App groups, which have proved successful;
- assist in arranging appropriate events, including lectures by members of QC, in order to encourage Masonic research; and
- provide a short annual report via email of their activities to the relevant Regional Secretary (see below).
In return, Local Secretaries:
- have the distinction of being an ambassador for QCCC;
- are acknowledged as such in AQC or on the website;
- are entitled to wear a specific (dark blue) QC jewel and lapel pin; and
- assist in advancing a broader knowledge and understanding of freemasonry and masonic history.
The Regional Secretaries provide a link between Local Secretaries – our ambassadors – and QC. They maintain the registers of Local Secretaries in their regions, collate the annual reports and report back to QC as to progress. They may also organise events specific to their regions.
The current Regional Secretaries are:
UK, Channel Islands and Ireland: Dr Ric Berman UK-Ireland@quatuorcoronati.com
USA and Canada: Brent Morris NorthAmerica@quatuorcoronati.com
Europe: Dr Andreas Onnerfors Europe@qccircle.org.uk
Rest of World: Dr Mike Kearsley ROW@qccircle.org.uk
If you have any questions or if you would like to become a Local Secretary, please contact the relevant Regional Secretary for guidance or email Ric Berman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join or Renew your Membership of Q.C.C.C.Join or renew
Make a Donation
Your support will allow us to extend the research material and research services currently provided. Thank you.