Local Secretaries are volunteers and benefactors who promote QC’s Correspondence Circle in a geographic region. They must be paid-up members of the Correspondence Circle and active Freemasons in lodges established in a constitution recognised by the United Grand Lodge of England. Being so permits attendance at lodge meetings of Quatuor Coronati, although regular attendance is not a requirement.
A Local Secretary’s ambassadorial duties are to:
- spread the word about Quatuor Coronati and the QC Correspondence Circle in their region or country;
- contact the relevant Provincial or Grand Lodge and ask that they provide a link on their website to Quatuor Coronati;
- contact relevant Masonic research libraries and encourage them to subscribe to AQC;
- contact research lodges in their area to forge links with QC;
- identify Masonic researchers and encourage them to join QCCC and consider submitting research papers;
- assist in the arranging of appropriate events, including lectures by members of QC, in order to encourage Masonic research; and
- provide a short annual report via email of their activities to the relevant Regional Secretary (see below).
In return, Local Secretaries:
- have the distinction of being an ambassador for QCCC for a region or country;
- are listed each year in AQC;
- are entitled to wear a specific (dark blue) QC jewel and lapel pin; and
- dine for free once a year at the expense of the Lodge after a QC Lodge meeting.
The Regional Secretaries provide a link between Local Secretaries – our ambassadors – and QC. They maintain the registers of Local Secretaries in their regions, collate the annual reports and report back to QC as to progress. They may also organise events specific to their regions.
The current Regional Secretaries are:
UK and Channel Islands: Professor Aubrey Newman UK@qccircle.org.uk
USA and Canada: Brent Morris NorthAmerica@quatuorcoronati.com
Europe: Dr Andreas Onnerfors Europe@qccircle.org.uk
Rest of World: Dr Mike Kearsley ROW@qccircle.org.uk
If you are a Local Secretary and have any questions, or if you would like to become a Local Secretary, please contact the relevant Regional Secretary for guidance.
Join or Renew your Membership of Q.C.C.C.Join or renew
Make a Donation
Your support will allow us to extend the research material and research services currently provided. Thank you.