Aims of the Lodge
Our aims have remained the same since the establishment of the Lodge: first, to develop and maintain an interest in Masonic research by presenting and discussing papers in Lodge, and publishing papers and comments in Ars Quatuor Coronatorum (‘AQC’), the Lodge’s Transactions; and second, to enlist the support and cooperation of Masonic scholars globally and thereby to maintain research standards.
The ‘Main Objects’ of the Lodge were detailed in the first volume of AQC:
- to provide a centre and bond of union for students of Freemasonry and Masonic history;
- to attract Freemasons to meetings of QC in order to encourage an appreciation of Masonic research;
- to submit the discoveries or conclusions of researchers to the judgment and criticism of their fellows by means of papers read in Lodge;
- to submit these communications and the discussions arising to the general body of the Craft by publishing the Transactions of the Lodge;
- to reprint scarce and valuable works on Freemasonry and to publish Manuscripts;
- to make the English-speaking Craft acquainted with the progress of Masonic study abroad by translations (in whole or part) of non-English language works;
- to tabulate concisely in the printed Transactions of the Lodge the progress of the Craft throughout the world; and
- to acquire permanent premises and form a Masonic library and museum.
Each of these aims remain valid except for the last. Quatuor Coronati Lodge found a permanent home in Freemasons’ Hall, Great Queen Street, and the Library and Museum houses our books and archives, and stores certain of the Lodge’s possessions. Others have been placed on loan to Masonic museums. Advances in technology have relieved us of the need for a physical office and permanent staff, and the Correspondence Circle is administered today by a small number of volunteers from among the members of QC.
Join or Renew your Membership of Q.C.C.C.Join or renew
Make a Donation
Your support will allow us to extend the research material and research services currently provided. Thank you.